• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brushing your bearded dragon

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
OK, so Skittles likes to poo and trek through it while I'm at work so I ordered some brushes from bearded dragon.co - a super soft one and a firmer one - to get the crusty poo off when I bathe him.

Not only do they work like a charm to get all the poo / stains off, he LOVES it! I brush his beard with the soft one and he leans his head way back and closes his eyes while I brush his beard!

He even likes it when I scrub under his tail and belly with the firmer brush! I tried to get a pic for y'all but when my partner came it to take it Skittled ran away from him.

If you haven't tried brushing your bearded dragon in the bath, you should definitely try it!!! I was amazed!

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Aww, Skittles is such a sweetie. My kids are not nearly as cooperative. The girls aren't too bad, but the boys fight me tooth and nail when it comes to bath time. How dare I remove poop from their scales! You got lucky with your little man :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
My boy HATES the brush! He's the one that runs in his poop and needs to be brushed all the time and he absolutely hates it! My girls on the other hand love it and will close their eyes and let me brush them all over.

beyourownspotlight

Hatchling Dragon
I'll need to get a brush to try Beemo with. She loves to be stroked so, I'm thinking she might enjoy a gentle brush too. She fights at first when it's time for a bath, but once she's in the water, she's quite happy and will settle down for a good wee ten minutes or so, then she'll climb out when she's had enough.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Both of mine like to be "scrubbed down" with their toothbrushes while in the tub...

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
Finally got some pics! He is better than my dogs about bath time and grooming!!!
20170326_180259.jpg
20170326_180348.jpg

BrookeE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Mine loves the brushing too! Just sits and enjoys. The only thing that she doesn't like so much is when I go to brush her feet. No resistance with her hands, belly, tail, but scoots away and gives me the "what are you doing??" look when I get her feet. Such a brat. Im glad she has a pretty good attitude about it because she's a poop runner and needs a scrub often. I got some beardie soap from beardeddragon.co that I was super happy with. Every now and then I need a little extra something to help with stubborn crust.