• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Big hiya from new beardie mum

Budley

Bearded Dragon Egg
Massive hello to everyone, my name is Gill. Very new to all this. I adopted a beardie in march he is a wee (I say wee but big) stunner lol my first boy but love him to bits Mags a great character and loves nothing more than running around my house. He is a very fussy eater mind u. Kinda struggling to find what he will eat. Any suggestions more than welcome lol

Budley

Bearded Dragon Egg
My boy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    918.3 KB · Views: 11

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He's gorgeous! Here's a link to some good food items http://greathousefarm.com/Greathouse-Reptile-Nutrition-List.pdf

I tend to stick to the same three of 4 or 5 greens and then add a little something else. Dandelion, collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens and endive. Mine LOVE blueberries, I give them once or 2x a week if they are being stubborn and not wanting to eat anything.

Budley

Bearded Dragon Egg
He's gorgeous! Here's a link to some good food items http://greathousefarm.com/Greathouse-Reptile-Nutrition-List.pdf

I tend to stick to the same three of 4 or 5 greens and then add a little something else. Dandelion, collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens and endive. Mine LOVE blueberries, I give them once or 2x a week if they are being stubborn and not wanting to eat anything.
Thank you for replying to me I have tried blueberrys strawberrys lol he just puts his nose in the air I put fresh mixed leaves down every day for him but I never see him eating much if anything. I'll try some of what your mentioned tho. He loves cockroachs mind you he can't seem to get enough of them.

Budley

Bearded Dragon Egg
Oh my! That is just too cute! I can't wait until our enclosure so Toothless can have a tree to climb, he loves climbing
How's old is your Dragon?
This is him on he daily run around, he gets into all sorts of mischief lol he is around 3 year old. How old is your lovely lad? He has beautiful colours!

BrandyLynn

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is him on he daily run around, he gets into all sorts of mischief lol he is around 3 year old. How old is your lovely lad? He has beautiful colours!
He looks so calm and happy I just can't get over how cute he looks hanging out in the tree!
We aren't sure how old Toothless is, the pet store had no idea but he's definitely a baby, when we got him back in March his body was the length of my thumb and now he's almost longer than my whole hand. I just saw a link to help determine age so when my husband gets home we are going to measure him

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh my he is stunning!!!!
Yep the link Patsy gave is what most of us go by when it comes to finding foods for them.. Also if you take a look at the links below several of our comments you will find all sorts of info that may be of use for you all.
He looks fantastic!!

Budley

Bearded Dragon Egg
image.jpg
Thank you all for they lovely comments about him, when I saw him up for rehome I could not resist he just stood out to me. I have to admit I'm petrified of the locus but I manage to give them to him lol (it's the ) on them, I did a lot of research but there are sooooo many different things on what to do and what not to do. He is a big lad and when I went to see him the girl had him in a small vivarium with sand, one plant and one bit of tree. He had nothing to hide, climb or play on. His heated spot was only raising to 80f and his claws were very long. I had traveled 2 hours for him, I put him and his Vivarium in the car got home and set him up. That same day I went out and spent over £250 on a whole new set up for him as i was unsettled as to what he was living like. My friend works at pets at home and helped me with it all. This is now his set up, I still have lots more to do but he seems to like it as he does a lot of climbing and so on. Does anyone have suggestions as to what would be good for him? I'm loving all of this as I don't really have anyone to talk to lol x

Budley

Bearded Dragon Egg
He looks so calm and happy I just can't get over how cute he looks hanging out in the tree!
We aren't sure how old Toothless is, the pet store had no idea but he's definitely a baby, when we got him back in March his body was the length of my thumb and now he's almost longer than my whole hand. I just saw a link to help determine age so when my husband gets home we are going to measure him
Wow that is proper small, bless I would have loved to have had budley at that age. You boy looks lovely me he will grow to be a stunning lad, you must keep me informed with your vivarium that you are doing as I'm still learning with mine and would love some more ideas Budley is probably the length of me whole arm and hand lol he is shedding at the moment so that's his first one with me. X

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
View attachment 16722 Thank you all for they lovely comments about him, when I saw him up for rehome I could not resist he just stood out to me. I have to admit I'm petrified of the locus but I manage to give them to him lol (it's the ) on them, I did a lot of research but there are sooooo many different things on what to do and what not to do. He is a big lad and when I went to see him the girl had him in a small vivarium with sand, one plant and one bit of tree. He had nothing to hide, climb or play on. His heated spot was only raising to 80f and his claws were very long. I had traveled 2 hours for him, I put him and his Vivarium in the car got home and set him up. That same day I went out and spent over £250 on a whole new set up for him as i was unsettled as to what he was living like. My friend works at pets at home and helped me with it all. This is now his set up, I still have lots more to do but he seems to like it as he does a lot of climbing and so on. Does anyone have suggestions as to what would be good for him? I'm loving all of this as I don't really have anyone to talk to lol x

Wow that looks fantastic!!! I bet he is a very happy boy now with all that room to run around!! The only thing I would say would be maybe a long thick branch or wood plank type thing for him to climb on..