• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie Hides

Twinkie13

Juvenile Dragon
You all use them? I swear I put one in my enclosure and the sucker NEVER used to go in but now does quite a bit.

Way before lights out sometimes(speaking of, how many hours on/off y'all going right now? Mine is male and 7-8 mos old).

As y'all know, they can almost sense the time when they are about to go off.

Do they go in to get out of the UVB for a bit? I've thought that maybe. Like me or you getting out of the sun.....

How many hides y'all have in enclosure?

Also, you think he wants to burmate?
I get conflicted opinions on letting them do it, to avoid it etc.
Could he be bored?
I take him out ALOT?

I'll post a pic, but he is up on the window sill right now looking out.....mine loves that and I know many do.

So lay it on me peeps

TIA

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I have one hide on the cool side of my tank and I have a bridge that goes across the tanks that they can sit under. No UVB penetrates the bridge so they go under the bridge to get away from the light. I think they go in the hide when they want to cool off or just be alone and not bothered.

7-8 months is a little young to brumate. He could just be checking out his hide, it's a nice cozy safe place to sleep. Brumation also mimics illnesses so if you think that he might be wanting to brumate, you need to get a vet checkup to make sure he's healthy.

Twinkie13

Juvenile Dragon
Just wondering how long to let him be like that?
1-2 days?
I think he just getting a break too

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would get a vet wellness check to make sure that he is not sick. If it is brumation, you want to just leave him until he decides to wake up.

Javier

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Mine doesn't use hides at all.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk