• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie acting like she's "choking"

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I can't view the video, but my default for issues like this is to schedule with an experienced exotics vet. Respiratory infections are potentially serious, and some issues look like RIs but are completely unrelated. Best to have a good vet take a look and get your baby fixed up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wendyj

Hatchling Dragon
Sounded like a bit of a wheeze. I hope I'm wrong. My Charlie does this from time to time when he's stretching his beard out but no noise comes out. Please keep us informed.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I can't view the video either. Sometimes they look like they are choking when they puff up their beards for a stretch, especially when shedding. If there is a noise coming out of them, a cough, click or wheeze, get her to a vet to be tested for a RI.

MooshiChi

Hatchling Dragon
Definitely sounds like a wheeze/clicky noise, I would be heading to the vets asap if that was my girl. Hope all is well with her x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derbydragon77

Hatchling Dragon
Definitely sounds like a wheeze/clicky noise, I would be heading to the vets asap if that was my girl. Hope all is well with her x

Looks like my girl got an RI, have her on meds now and increased her temps. Now monitoring her humidity levels to determine the cause.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

MooshiChi

Hatchling Dragon
Looks like my girl got an RI, have her on meds now and increased her temps. Now monitoring her humidity levels to determine the cause.

I'm so glad you got her to the vets, good luck with the course of antibiotics. Hopefully your girl bounces back fast x

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club

Glad you got her on the mend. RI's are usually caused by low temps and high humidity so just make sure your temps are spot on and she should be good.