• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon with possible respiratory infection

TaterTotTheBeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
It's kind of hard to find Bearded Dragons on their because most are unhealthy and owned by idiotic people who know nothing how to take care of them. I'll keep trying to find a healthy adult that's cheap. Thanks for your help.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I responded to your others post. I know losing Tater Tot is hard but I'm glad that you haven't given up on bearded dragons and are going to get another one. They truly are amazing animals.

Draeju's_world

Juvenile Dragon
I'm a little late to the thread here, but I lost my Draeju (in my avatar) last week on the 24th likely due to aspiration of water. He went so quickly and I was absolutely devastated. It crushed my spirit and I'm still not over it... If I had known what was wrong at the time and had performed Patsy's technique of draining the lungs, he might still be with me. Anyway, I have a new baby today and have named him Draeju, as well. Draeju 2.0! By the way, I have a bulldog named Tater .

TaterTotTheBeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Aww, that's really devastating. I was wondering if Tater Tot got aspiration of water and I didn't even realize it. I'm super worried if I over hydrate my new little guy, Hashy. I'm so glad you got a new one!

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
So, here's the thing, you have hashy and you'll give him a great life bcuz you now have some tools to help you, you have your experience AND you have this forum to help guide you should you need it, how about some pics of hashy☺. You're gonna do great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

TaterTotTheBeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'll definitely have more experience with him, even though I'm paranoid with giving him too much water lol. Definitely don't want him to have any problems with that. Here's some more pictures! cueetete.jpg cute boiii.jpg
cueetete.jpg
cute boiii.jpg

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
It has now been proven that they DO NOT absorb water through their skin, what I do for mine is that when they get their bath (2X a week ) I will drizzle water on their head and if they start licking I'll GENTLY lower them to where they can drink, all of them will drink at least once a week, some of them I'll let drink until they're done, the others I'll stop, I do it this way bcuz I know my lizards, 2-10 yr Olds and 6- 7 yr olds. I understand your worry bcuz of what happened to tatertot. You might feel more comfortable using an eye dropper and dropping water on his mouth and if he's thirsty then continue. That way you have control over how he drinks and how much. Don't worry beardie parent, you're gonna do a great job☺

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

TaterTotTheBeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks for reassuring me. I have a water bottle and I give him little droplets of water. I just worry sometimes because when he drinks too much, he breathes really hard, kind of scares me a bit. He's already growing a lot for only the week I've had him, which is great!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Thanks for reassuring me. I have a water bottle and I give him little droplets of water. I just worry sometimes because when he drinks too much, he breathes really hard, kind of scares me a bit. He's already growing a lot for only the week I've had him, which is great!

Just make sure when he is drinking or eating that you pause a bit and give him time to swallow. Dexter breathes hard when she eats real fast. I have to give her a minute to calm down.