• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon antics.... papoose time?

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
Hey y'all, this is my 7 month old baby, Skittles. He likes to hang onto me while I do stuff - in the photos he climbed on my back and I couldn't reach him so he stayed there for about half an hour while I did some housework. I'm thinking about making some sort of papoose type carrier for him so he can more comfortably ride.... does anyone have any suggestions? And let me just say that y'all are the best - anyone else I asked about making a papoose for my dragon would look at me like I'm crazy!
15994335_10154689723515935_2579283328291968593_o.jpg
16143469_10154689723510935_5860337833701355244_o.jpg
16113220_10154689723520935_781707403558388525_o.jpg

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
that is sooo cute !! i LOVE it !! i actually tried making a papoose / carrier for mine. didn't work so very well. please share when you get one !!

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
I'm dying over here!!! That is absolutely adorable, me, I'm a bit too paranoid about my baby falling if I were to let him do that lol

:) We have thick carpeting and he was pretty firmly attached, so I wasn't too worried but that's another reason I want to make a papoose, minimize the risk of falling. And so I can move around better. Cleaning without dislodging the dragon on my back is a delicate task, hahaha!

Mom2Dovakiin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I agree, very delicate task there hehehe. If you could make something that he would like, then I would absolutely want to see it and maybe have you make me one hehehe (or two now that I have two beardies lol).

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I use an infinity scarf from walmart (fabric hoop) I put it over 1 shoulder and under the opposite arm looking like I'm wearing a sash. then all I do is put them ontop of it or between some of the fabric if they are sleepy..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I have one that always goes to the back because she knows I can't get her. It's always so entertaining trying to get her off by myself.

Wendyj

Hatchling Dragon
That's so funny. My Charlie does the same thing. We do housework together. I love the idea of a papouse. How about a picture of one.

BrookeE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Texas A&M?? I didnt know we had an aggie on our hands! Hahaha. Good to see a fellow texan though!
Mine always goes straight for my back and i have the hardest time getting her off!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's so funny. My Charlie does the same thing. We do housework together. I love the idea of a papouse. How about a picture of one.
Here's Izzy asleep in her sash and simon out cold ontop lol
5c62418ae4b20e51c1205321d5bbc088.jpg

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh my gosh I love that! How did you make it?
I didn't that's the best part! Walmart!! it is those infinity hoop scarfs I tied 1 end top of shoulder then at my waist I just do a hair tie and that's just to keep it a bit closer to my body.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would be too afraid of mine jumping out where I can't grab them quickly lol how long is his tail?? looks cute

Squish

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Holy crapoli! That papoose is so cute! Your dragon seems very calm and comfortable with you.

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
His tail is full length, minus a minor nip from when he was a hatching. And don't worry Hdrydr31, I was fully prepared to drop everything and lay on the floor if he got feisty! That way he could climb off me onto the floor. When he seemed to be getting restless I put him back in his habitat.

Thanks Squish! Yeah, he is a total sweetheart. I try and handle him every day, and I'm very respectful of his body language - if he is grumpy because of shed or super hyper I don't bother him except to feed / mist / bathe. I think we have a pretty good rapport.

Here is a pic of us enjoying breakfast together - I'm having coffee and eggs though, no worms for me!
20170311_105338.jpg
20170311_105818.jpg