• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Anything I have to add?

MooshiChi

Hatchling Dragon
O

okay perfect now I would know what to look for!!! Thank you :)

Is it normal for them to pop out their eyes all creepy about it then put them back in......
That's them warming up [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Just wanted to add to this. No colored lights what so ever day or night. Black, Red, Purple, Blue, they can see spectrums of light that we can't see. They have a glad on top of their head that is commonly called the third eye. This allows them to see light and shadow when they have their eyes closed and will alert them if there is a predator trying to get them. I believe it's pinned under the General information tab but there are some great lighting articles that explain all of this information.

Here is a link to good foods veggies and bugs that they can eat. http://greathousefarm.com/Greathouse-Reptile-Nutrition-List.pdf

You want the basking spot for a baby to get to about 107 degrees so you may need to play around with the basking spot to achieve this.

Mireha

Hatchling Dragon
Just wanted to add to this. No colored lights what so ever day or night. Black, Red, Purple, Blue, they can see spectrums of light that we can't see. They have a glad on top of their head that is commonly called the third eye. This allows them to see light and shadow when they have their eyes closed and will alert them if there is a predator trying to get them. I believe it's pinned under the General information tab but there are some great lighting articles that explain all of this information.

Here is a link to good foods veggies and bugs that they can eat. http://greathousefarm.com/Greathouse-Reptile-Nutrition-List.pdf

You want the basking spot for a baby to get to about 107 degrees so you may need to play around with the basking spot to achieve this.
Yeah I got a range of spots that go from 100-115 and he prefers the 103 spot. Thank you :)

Squish

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member

So you speak of absolutely no colored lights, and I have a question. I have no colored lights at all over my dragon, but his enclosure is in my room and probably going to stay there even after I finish the bigger build. I have soft green light by my bed I often have on for a few hours before bed and sometimes all night because I like it. If he's across the room from this light (and it's really not an intense light, very dim) will this cause him problems?

MooshiChi

Hatchling Dragon
So you speak of absolutely no colored lights, and I have a question. I have no colored lights at all over my dragon, but his enclosure is in my room and probably going to stay there even after I finish the bigger build. I have soft green light by my bed I often have on for a few hours before bed and sometimes all night because I like it. If he's across the room from this light (and it's really not an intense light, very dim) will this cause him problems?

I would just put a blanket over enclosure when it's lights out for him, pure dark helps them get a rested sleep

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club

It shouldn't be a problem, just as long as the light isn't on your dragon. I have had a red light, and now a moonlight bulb on in the same room as my dragons and they do okay with it. If he has a problem you can just cover is tank at night with some cardboard. I have a friend who watches tv at night and she covers the sides of her dragon tank with cardboard so it doesn't wake him.

Squish

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks for your reply! I haven't noticed it bothering him yet, but I'll keep watch and cover his enclosure if need be.