• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Anything I can do?

Rennie

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I don't think Mordred ever had fruit there is sone he likes and some he does like fresh veggies but that's just a few.... most worms he will not eat but he will eat a few large crickets is there a way that I can get more fruits and veggies other then the stuff that I use with water then drain it it's frustrating at time .

VeraR13

Hatchling Dragon
I don't think Mordred ever had fruit there is sone he likes and some he does like fresh veggies but that's just a few.... most worms he will not eat but he will eat a few large crickets is there a way that I can get more fruits and veggies other then the stuff that I use with water then drain it it's frustrating at time .
How old is he? Younger Beardies do not need much veggies and fruit. They mostly need proteins. Mine loves dandelion flowers, but not much in the way of leaves right now. He is still a baby.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Rennie

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
How old is he? Younger Beardies do not need much veggies and fruit. They mostly need proteins. Mine loves dandelion flowers, but not much in the way of leaves right now. He is still a baby.

Mordred is a little over 2yo I just got him a few months ago he likes some fruit it has to be fresh not frozen he loves his veggies

VeraR13

Hatchling Dragon
Can you contact former owner and ask about preferences? Otherwise, I would say trial and error. Like a baby...keep introducing new foods and reintroduce old ones. Their tastes may change.

Rennie

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Can you contact former owner and ask about preferences? Otherwise, I would say trial and error. Like a baby...keep introducing new foods and reintroduce old ones. Their tastes may change.

They didn't really try so it's all by trial and error

VeraR13

Hatchling Dragon
That sucks. Just keep at it and don't get discouraged. I expect to be going through that in a few months myself.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hi - fruits are not an every day item. once a week. best to go heavy on greens - dandelion, beet, arugula, collard - check out the links below for some great suggestions. veggies - again, see the list. I have 2 beardies - they eat different foods. my male likes yellow bell pepper. my female likes the orange. my male loves diced pea pods. my female likes escarole. this month. it changes. the good thing is that - these foods are all good for us, too - so even if they don't like them, toss everything in a blender with some apple and you've got a great smoothie !!

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
I agree with Canicke, greens are the absolute best, at this age he should get 2X week his protein, crickets, superworms. Salads everyday, mine love turnip greens and dandelion leaves, they'll tolerate collard greens and mustard greens. I'll give them some apple once a month, as a treat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
Don't forget to dust his crickets and salads at least twice a week

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk