• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Age of stunted dragon *please*

SunshineLee

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone. :) New beardie owner and new thread poster. I recently rescued this sweet little guy. They first said he was 3 months old but when I went to pick him up they said the vet thought he was more abound 8 months and just stunted. Can anyone tell me why they would think that and what you guys think? Thank you so much in advance.

He is absolutely wonderful.

Attachments

• IMG_4734.JPG
    IMG_4734.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 101

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
It's impossible to tell the exact age based strictly on size. I'm going to say no more than a couple months. If that dragon was 8 months at that size, you would see some serious medical issues. The only cases of severe stunting I've seen are with dragons that have MBD, and this dragon shows no obvious signs of that. No noticeable joint deterioration, leg or spinal deformites.

Give that baby lots of insects 3 times a day, a good fluorescent tube style UVB light, and a basking spot around 105F. Calcium powder for dusting one meal a day, I usually go without the vitamin D and let their bodies synthesize it with the help of the UVB light.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I love his colouring. his torso looks fairly well developed for a 2 - 3 month old, which is maybe why the vet said 8 months. but - 8 months? I don't think so.. that would be some SERIOUS stunting ! unless he's a smaller breed or just a smaller beardie anyway. he looks ok - like Eavlynn said : good food and lots of it !

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looks more like 4-5 months to me honestly, good looking dragon just needs some good ol TLC and lots of good food!