• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Advice needed

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I so feel your pain. Thankfully our vet tech has dragons and is happy to take a few off of our hands. We are hanging on to a few just in case she changes her mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I am so mad, I finally got over my fear of dubia and the only animals that I have that will willingly eat them are my tree frogs. The problem is, they need small dubia and I bought bigger ones to feed to the bigger animals! I did get Dolly to eat 6 dubia the other day but Dexter and Luci and the the chameleon refuse them. My pacman frog will actually spit them out!

KIDS!

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Haha it's so good to hear Spyra isn't the only dragon like this. I'm scared to order BSFL in bulk because with my luck as soon as they arrive she will decide she doesn't like them anymore. Last time that happened I ended up with 500 flys!

These little guys and girls are worst than children lol

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Haha it's so good to hear Spyra isn't the only dragon like this. I'm scared to order BSFL in bulk because with my luck as soon as they arrive she will decide she doesn't like them anymore. Last time that happened I ended up with 500 flys!

These little guys and girls are worst than children lol

My frogs love with the BSFL change to flies so I buy 100 at a time and let them turn!

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
My frogs love with the BSFL change to flies so I buy 100 at a time and let them turn!

Spyra actually loved them that way too lol. I couldn't find anything stating it was harmful so I let her go to town. The bad part was she was too slow to catch them so momma bear had to actually hand feed them to her

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I also wanted to ask you guys if 15-20 large size BSFL a day sounds like enough for an adult dragon? I've noticed she's eating less than she use to but she's also about a year old now so I'm thinking it's normal? Just want to be sure

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I also wanted to ask you guys if 15-20 large size BSFL a day sounds like enough for an adult dragon? I've noticed she's eating less than she use to but she's also about a year old now so I'm thinking it's normal? Just want to be sure

I don't use them for my dragons but it sounds like a good amount if they are big enough. Mine tapered off on how much they wanted to eat when they hit the 1 year mark. Sounds like she is being normal

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Thank you Patsy, that makes me feel a little better. I guess I'm just use to her being my hungry baby lol, but now she's all grown up :( the way she behaves I believe she would do well with a salad every day and insects every other day instead of a protein meal every day.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Thank you Patsy, that makes me feel a little better. I guess I'm just use to her being my hungry baby lol, but now she's all grown up :( the way she behaves I believe she would do well with a salad every day and insects every other day instead of a protein meal every day.

That's how I was with Dolly, when I rescued her she was ALWAYS hungry and after she was treated for pinworms, not so much. It took me a long time to realize that the reason that she was so hungry was because of the parasites and this not wanting to eat all the time is her normal self.