• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Advanced Multivitamin For Gravid Dragons

Michael A Taylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
How to make an adult Gravid female produce more eggs /clutch.
I was talking to a supplier who says he's getting up to 60 eggs in a clutch. I'm wondering how this is possible without steroids/hormones?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum!
I don't have the answer your looking for on this one as I don't know much about gravid females... But at first thinking is OMG that poor gal! 60 eggs OMG there's no way I would want that for my gal... It's already hard on them to begin with :( Then on the flip side if all 60 hatched!! wow talk about work and $ almost seems wrong even though he's a "supplier" hate to see these beautiful creatures as baby making machines :( seems like a dragon mill :(

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yeah - I agree. I think that borders on irresponsible

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Your over exadurating. Their are numerous reptile breeders located around the world. I failed to mention the female dragons are obviously in great health
Oh I totally get that there are many breeders I do and not all info is known on the females having the eggs like how often and all but I sure know I wouldn't put mine thru that. That's all I'm saying heck I'm hoping she never becomes gravid..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I've never heard of this being done. There are plenty of reptile breeders around the world but that doesn't mean they are all good and responsible breeders. 60+ eggs in one clutch just sounds greedy and abusive to the female.

Michael A Taylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
I didn't mean 60 plus. I should reword it to between 31 and 60 eggs. Most on record was 31 but I verbally heard someone say he's had his lay up to 60 in a clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honeybadger

Hatchling Dragon
I consider my female extremely fertile with her 20-30 eggs every month (without ever being bred) and that's tought enought on her, I can't imagine a tiny beardie laying up to 60 eggs.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Hmm, I know a breeder who has a particular female dragon that he claims has laid 60 eggs. I've also heard a rumor that he has stopped caring for all the babies that have hatched and is giving away sick babies. I'm not saying this is the breeder that you are talking about.

In my opinion a good breeder would just take what eggs he can get and wait for the next clutch instead of forcing his breeders to have more eggs at one time.