• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Adult Shedding Questions

puffthedragon

Hatchling Dragon
How often do adults shed? My guy is about 3 years old, pretty big guy, and I was just wondering what I could expect in regards to him shedding.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
my girl is about 8 years old. I've had her for 3 years. she's only shed a couple of times. shedding slows when they stop growing. your boy is handsome!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Adults shed in pieces here and there and really in no particular pattern lol just a week or so ago my almost 2 year old female shed her right leg/feet front and back, her ear holes and that was it lol
So it really slows down and happens in pieces..
My 1 year old male shed his beard, his thighs/vent area and back right leg/foot then his lips that was it.

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
All of my 8 beardies are in various stages of shedding right now, on average mine shed 2-3x a year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Rennie

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Mordred is q little over 2 and he is shedding I noticed it yesterday and more today just his right back leg

puffthedragon

Hatchling Dragon
Puff is shedding!
Partially. Part of 2 different feet. His back. His mouth. He looks funny.
And...he is apparently stained orange from the sand that his previous owners kept him in because the color underneath is totallllllly different. Cant wait to see what he looks like once the big piece comes off his back!

Rennie

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
0607170827.jpg
Thisis the best I got today

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
Look at puff!! I've said it b4 I'll say it again...I love the perpetual grumpy face of our beardies ❤

puffthedragon

Hatchling Dragon
Thank you, hes improved so much since we've got him. He loves to eat! LOL!
We can barely put his bowl down before he is trying to bulldoze everything out of his way to get to it.
You can see the white spot on his back foot thats shed already, I knew he was somewhat stained from the sand, but not this bad. We saw posts online that were just terrible. Some were blue, purple..
Were really interested to see what color hes really supposed to be after he sheds some more.

****Note to everyone: Please dont use sand for your beardies******

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
Look at that face, I wanna climb thru and kidnap him, lol☺